Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Arrival in Fountain

After being stuck before due to real life, I took the opportunity to pseudo-afk rat this afternoon and in the evening. I was able to help a very new newbee with access to my wrecks and loot, and spent some time with another helping with VNI fits. His buddy had given him a fit with a Pithum C-Type MSB that goes for almost 70M in Jita! I am using the NewBee Baby Ishtar fit and haven't been below 50% shields barely looking at the screen, including when I got jumped. So being able to tank another 100 dps isn't necessary to get started making some basic ship money. Hopefully he'll be able to get out of his 250 dps Naga and into something that clears anoms faster so he can become a fleet effective.

I then created a new, empty jump clone, jumped to it, and fitted it with a 1% powergrid implant. That's needed to eke out another 0.3 pg on our taxiceptor fit for a prototype cloak. I wasn't sure if I would jump all the way or use some of the jump bridge network, and I like to wait out some of the fatigue when I do that. Cloaking is a pretty comfortable way to spend ten minutes afk while your Phoebes shake out.

But only one jump into Fade I found Small Hyperspatial IIs on the market and stopped to fit them. Going over 12 AUs/sec, the whole trip takes but a few minutes. And I got to see some amazing scenery - Cloud Ring and Fountain especially are amazingly beautiful. Sometime I need to wander off the beaten path in these regions and take in the sights.

I captured some nice shots, actually, and will try to make posting such things a regular feature here.

In the end I made it to our staging system and got myself set up with a doctrine ship, grouped, loaded, scripted, so I am literally ready to undock on 3. Next time I'm on and have some time, I can just wait for a ping. If I know I won't have time for fleets for at least 20 hours, often at the start of the week for example, I can jump back to Dek and replenish my coffers.

Feeling good, I'm really pumped that I can help accomplish something meaningful and important out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment