Sunday, April 12, 2015

Feeling the Luv

GSF is really large, and it might be difficult to make connections with a group of like-minded players in such a crowd. Happily this issue has long been addressed by having subgroups - squads and special interest groups (SIGs). If you have an interest in a certain area, whether it be market and industry, flying capitals, small gang PVP, or flying specialized roles like links or bombers, there's probably a group doing it in GSF. Not only that, but they have been doing it for quite some time. Corp members in the alliance can all apply to join them, but it's not open admission - you do have to meet their requirements. For example, the capital group requires certain skills be present and that you have a cap fitted to one of their specifications. 

Tonight I applied to the Ministry of Love, or Miniluv as it also known. Miniluv are the high-sec ganking group of GSF. It's a chance to fly in a focused squad with well-defined roles, which I really like. It's something I can easily do an on alt, freeing my main to stay in null and do fleet ops as needed or whatever. And it has strategic benefits for the alliance. It doesn't hurt that there's isk in it as well :) 

When CCP gave us a free 20 day multiple character training for the holidays, I trained a ganker alt on my main account, and joined the CODE. I ended up giving that pilot a few extra days of training, and got to a full T2 Catalyst doing over 500 dps. If I'm accepted into Miniluv and actually find it makes significant money for me, I'll happily fund more training with it. I'd really like to get up over 700 with the Catalyst, and move on to the insta-lock Thrasher or the really scary Brutix ganking fits I've seen. I'm sure that Miniluv have their own, as well.

To apply, I had to link a solo gank, which I didn't have. So my neutral scout roamed the Caldari space-lanes in search of a violator. I can't describe too closely the target I settled on, because his obnoxious behavior in local was quite distinctive. Suffice it to say that there was general applause at his fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment