Friday, April 24, 2015

A Busy Week

Work this week was at another level entirely. At least two nights I started the client with the notion that I could at least log in, and then remembered something else I had to do. I had even jump cloned back to Deklein to make sure that my jump timer would be clear if any important fleets came up. And they did, my phone was blasting me with great sounding fleet alerts. I wish I could have been there.

I did get my trade alt moved to Arnon for the quarterly dispensation of faction standing called the Sisters of Eve Epic Arc. Its pretty easy to blow through it, frankly, even though that character has very little combat sp. Like a lot of EVE PVE, its down to knowing how things work and what's going to happen next. It doesn't hurt that I have no interest in loot or salvage, have a fitted ship pre-positioned in Arnon and a cargo expander at that one station where you have to move supplies(1), and have insta-dock bookmarks for every station in the whole circumnavigation.

So that will probably take about six hours of clock time this weekend, if not full attention. Maybe I'll rat on the other screen? If I do, that would pay (net) about fifty times better, assuming a normal rate of neuts wandering by, and I pay 15% tax on ratting and nothing on these missions. Incursions may be the best essentially risk-free ISK in the game, but I'm not complaining at these numbers sitting in a fit that was 100M out the door.

Sometime I should blog about how much time I've spent on this trading alt and how little value it has provided. I am surely missing something basic about trading.

1 edit Agent Immuri Asaka at Hatakani VI - Moon 4 - Hyasyoda Corporation Refinery asks you to move 150 m3 of Farming Supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment