Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Obligatory First Post

I hope this blog will serve as a gazetteer of sorts to my continuing journey in EVE Online. It's not very likely to feature the space-famous or influence the events of the day. I'll be happy if I can entertain some people with stories and thoughts about EVE, in the same way that a lot of really talented people have shared their experiences with me in their blogs.

I'm prompted to write by a change, as is so often the case. I recently left my original corp, Brave Newbies, Inc., and applied to join KarmaFleet in the Goonswarm Federation. At the end of my time in Brave, having become critically unhappy about certain events, I knew I had to leave. And I had just read some things about GSF/CFC that I didn't know, things that were presented as negatives but that I found not just positive, but compelling. I took some time to collect my thoughts in the form of a letter to an imaginary recruiter, which I will post next, and it was really helpful to me.

So I'd like to try this experiment in blogging about a game that I often don't play as much as plan to play. Maybe wanting to have something to write about can create a virtuous loop of its own kind, getting me into different locales and activities. We'll see. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment