Thursday, April 2, 2015

Accepted - Enter the Swarm

My application to KarmaFleet was accepted!

I thought there was supposed to be an email with time-sensitive info, but I had misunderstood. The email comes after you accept the acceptance and thus become a corp member. Once I spoke to my recruiter and got that straightened out, I hit the magic button and became a newbee.



The aforementioned email is pretty stuffed with info. Luckily, I already had pidgin and mumble set up and just needed to configure them for the new GSF accounts. Since I have a lot of different EVE tools (and have tried still more), each given its own API key, registering my accounts in the management page was also pretty straightforward. Getting into goonfleet.com was a real eye-opener though.

I'll bet a lot of goons would laugh to read that, but the GoonFleet forums are... unique. I say this as someone who has been using the internet since well before the world wide web existed. I can already tell that becoming proficient in the style and tradition of posting is going to be a challenge on its own.

Now I need to get back into null, so if you'll excuse me, I know I left that stealth bomber around here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment